Counselor Aide – Burlington Full Time and Part Time Positions
ADDS is committed to provide high quality treatment, rehabilitation, and educational services for persons involved in and/or concerned with substance abuse problems, problem gambling and other behavioral disorders using Recovery Oriented System of Care. We are currently seeking an Part Time Counselor Aide in our Residential Program located in Burlington.
Part Time Counselor Aide:
- Provide client supervision and input to clinical staff as appropriate
- Assist residential program staff in carrying out duties
- Participate in supervised individual, group, and other program interventions
- Perform other aspects of program services including case file management, urinalysis collection, client supervision, transportation, completing room searches, mediate interactions of clients, provide detailed documentation of client activity
- Supervise and document the client’s self-administration of authorized medications.
- Work Holidays and fill in for full time staff while they are on vacation or sick.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Mandatory Child Abuse and Dependent Adult Abuse Certification within 6 months of hire
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI)
- Urine Specimen Collection Certification
- First Aide/CPR
Outpatient Counselor – Burlington Full Time Position
ADDS is committed to provide high quality treatment, rehabilitation, and educational services for persons involved in and/or concerned with substance abuse problems, problem gambling and other behavioral disorders using Recovery Oriented System of Care. We are currently seeking a Full Time Outpatient Counselor in our Burlington office.
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Human Services field required; Bachelor’s degree in Human Services field preferred.
- Certification as a Certified Addiction Counselor by the Iowa Board of Substance Abuse Certification. The latter requirement may be waived as long as the employee is making satisfactory progress toward the achievement of certification within two years from the date of employment.
- Other professional license or certification may substitute for these requirements at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Mandatory Reporter certification,
- Urine Specimen Collection certification, and Breath Alcohol Technician certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Maintain a client caseload in accordance with assigned duties. With each case, the counselor will provide for detailed records which reflect intake procedures, a social history, a comprehensive treatment plan, treatment progress, aftercare, referral, and patient management as set forth by State Licensure Requirements.
- Provide for individual therapy, group therapy, crisis intervention, and family therapy according to the needs of cases and as requested by the supervisor.
- Identify those needs of the client which are incapable of being satisfactorily met by this organization and make an appropriate referral to an outside organization which can meet those needs if such an organization exists.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all client treatment in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and rules (e.g. 42-CFR-2 for substance abuse clients).
- Provide for community awareness/education as requested by the supervisor.
- Maintain accurate client reporting/records in Electronic Health Record.
- Other duties as assigned.
Custodian / Maintenance – Burlington Full Time Position
ADDS is committed to provide high quality treatment, rehabilitation, and educational services for persons involved in and/or concerned with substance abuse problems, problem gambling and other behavioral disorders using Recovery Oriented System of Care. We are currently seeking a Full Time Custodian / Maintenance in our Burlington office.
- High school diploma or GED,
- knowledge and/or experience in basic mechanical and carpentry functions,
- valid driver’s license with good driving record,
- highly motivated and able to work independently,
- excellent customer service and teamwork skills,
- one year previous custodial experience preferred.
- Urine Specimen Collection certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Provide custodial services for ADDS facilities and satellite offices consisting of but not limited to: cleaning/sanitizing restrooms, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, trash disposal, cleaning windows/doors, stock vending machines, ordering cleaning supplies as needed, etc.
- Provide custodial services according to the following regular schedule: 3 days per week at Lincoln Center/Residential, 1 day every other week to Mt. Pleasant/Wapello, 1 day every other week to Keokuk.
- Oversee/direct regular and preventive maintenance of all ADDS properties and facilities.
- Perform and/or coordinate upkeep of exterior grounds for all ADDS facilities.
- Diagnose mechanical problems; replace or repair as able or coordinate completion by outside contractor.
- Record and maintain capital asset inventory account on an annual basis.
- Comply with all local, state or federal laws and regulations in all areas of responsibility.
- Oversee/coordinate routine maintenance and repair for ADDS vehicles.
- Oversee clients or previous clients performing community service hours.
- Maintain adequate inventory of residential bedding/supplies.
- Assist with urinalysis testing as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.