Prevention Specialist – Full Time Positions
Job Title: Prevention Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Qualifications: B.A. in health sciences field or education preferred; minimum one year of experience in the substance abuse field or teaching preferred. Valid driver’s license with good driving record required. Current certification in the field of Prevention or obtain Certified Prevention Specialist (CPS) certification within eighteen months of employment. Completion of Urine Specimen Collection certification, Breath Alcohol Technician certification, Mandatory Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Reporting certification, certification in evidenced based curricula, and PRIME for Life certification training within 6 months of hire.
Reporting Supervisor: Prevention Supervisor
- Deliver model program prevention evidenced based education to area elementary/middle/high school students.
- Provide technical assistance to the area school systems, their related parent/teacher association, the Area Education Agency, local libraries, and the institutions of higher education in the service area.
- Develop and conduct programs as outlined by the specific grants assigned.
- Teach Driving Unimpaired classes within assigned service county.
- Keep accurate records of the work done and submit to the Prevention Supervisor for reporting to the State and Board of Directors.
- Provide Drug Free Workplace supervisor and employee training.
- Teach Juvenile Diversion within assigned county.
- Provide urinalysis and breath alcohol testing as needed
- Attend and provide technical assistance to community partners and Coalitions.
- Provide necessary services as outlined in the specific grants assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours of Work: The work week is forty hours and involves some travel, evenings and weekends. To complete the tasks at hand, the hours are flexible within the current pay period upon consultation with supervisor.
Work Environment: Office and community setting with minimal exposure to noise or temperature variation. Changing environment based on presentation site.
Physical Demands: Frequent periods of sitting; frequent use of computer monitor requiring visual acuity; occasional lifting, standing, bending. Extended periods of standing when delivering presentations.
Counselor Aide – Burlington On Call and Full Time Positions
ADDS is committed to provide high quality treatment, rehabilitation, and educational services for persons involved in and/or concerned with substance abuse problems, problem gambling and other behavioral disorders using Recovery Oriented System of Care. We are currently seeking an on call Counselor Aide in our Residential Program located in Burlington.
- Provide client supervision and input to clinical staff as appropriate
- Assist residential program staff in carrying out duties
- Participate in supervised individual, group, and other program interventions
- Perform other aspects of program services including case file management, urinalysis collection, client supervision, transportation, completing room searches, mediate interactions of clients, provide detailed documentation of client activity
- Supervise and document the client’s self-administration of authorized medications.
- Work Holidays and fill in for full time staff while they are on vacation or sick.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Mandatory Child Abuse and Dependent Adult Abuse Certification within 6 months of hire
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI)
- Urine Specimen Collection Certification
- First Aide/CPR